Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Status Report - DOWN 29

Well, just in the unlikely event someone comes along and reads one of the previous posts, I thought I'd post current results. Today (6-27) is the 103 third day since my medical event, and I weighed 322 with clothes at the hospital emergency room (I weight myslef there because my scale simply assigns a random number between 320 and 325 every morning).

322 lbs with clothes is 317 in real weight. Either way, I have lost at least 29 pounds ("at least" because I don't know how much over 350 I weighed). My target is one pound every three days, or 34 lbs since day one - missed that. But 103 days is about 14.5 weeks, so I have lost 2 lbs a week and that is good. I also weighted 328 pounds in the doctor's office just two weeks ago, which means I have hit 3 pounds a week over the last two weeks - which is also not bad.

I assume my weekly loss rate has gone up mostly because I am now gaining muscle at a slower rate (I was pretty feeble in the beginning) - but also I continue to get a better handle on my calories, and end up more days 200 - 300 calories under, and I walk a lot more now - last week it was only 14 miles mostly due the the weather -but that is way under the average 18.3 miles/week of the previous month.

Well that's it = I just keep cranking along!

2 Comments:

Blogger Don Q. said...

Keep cranking! I don't have time to read you blog in full right now, but I am glad we have "met". You might check out some of the other "Knights of the Round Bottoms" who are listed in the side bar on my blog. Sir Twice the Man and Sir Man Boobs (Hey, I don't pick the names) have weight loss challenges simialr to yours, so they might be helpful reads. Should be glad to have a nother member of our bloggin circle in you are interested.

11:05 AM  
Blogger 40 Something said...

Keep it up and as a member of the Round Bottom I think we all would like your addition to our group.

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home