Thursday, July 06, 2006

Smokin'

If you want to loose one pound every 3 days, you need a calorie deficit of 1167 calories per day.

Starting the day after I last weighed myself (official hospital weigh in) I have had the following daily calorie deficits:

6/28 -1486
6/29 -1389
6/30 -1360
7/1 -1294
7/2 -1701
7/3 -1562
7/4 -1820
7/5 -1374
7/6 -1674

that's 3.9 pounds worth in 9 days - maybe I'll hit 10 pounds a month like some of the other bloggers - they do make me envious! I am not trying to achieve large calorie deficits, they just seem to happen. Obviously I am not going out to eat much... As a matter of fact, my favorite Italian restaurant had a serious fire last week...

My walkin' is really smokin' too. Quite by chance I noticed yesterday that my two lap walk only took 34 minutes - quite a feat I thought, given the hot humid weather day after day here in the tropical rain forest (oops, I mean New England). Anway, today I added a small loop to my exisitng walk (another 400 steps or so altogether) and got the time back to 40 minutes. So that makes each two lap walk 1.75 miles, or 3.5 miles most days (depends on the rain mostly). Should also get my step count up - as I go faster I guess my stride gets longer because I have noticed my step count going down! Hardly seems fair. I do believe I am feeling better than I have for the last couple of years.

1 Comments:

Blogger ArleneWKW said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your calorie deficit analysis is interesting. Congratulations on your progress with your walking. That's something to which I need to return.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home