Thursday, August 03, 2006

In the News: Unintended Consequences

I was prompted to write this post by an article this morning in the New York Times: "Newly Petite in a Skin That's XL". I did a double take on the title - did it really say what I thought it did? And I did another double take because the article was included in the "Fashion & Style" section - I guess it's true that a lot of loose skin is not fashionable...

Anyway, I did some quick googling and came up with this poignant note from Syracuse.com, and this from Seattle, and, finally, some hope at commonvoice.com , which is not alone in suggesting that to fight excesssive loose skin you need to keep on losing - this article is also quite hopeful about the outcome (it's a long article, make sure you get by the ads and read to the end).

The article in the NY Times served as a reminder to me that the subject of loose skin is something I need to think about, learn about, and prepare for - in the same manner than I prepared for my diet itself - because at age 60, with 16 years of obesity behind me, I am going to have a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home