Friday, July 21, 2006

The Calorie Restriction Society

No, this is not some highfalutin weight loss group, rather it is a group of individuals who restrict their calorie intake anywhere from 25% to 55% to achieve longer life expectancy based on scientific research.

Obviously, anyone who is going to reduce their caloric intake by 55% is going to seriously consider the consequences, and the research by this group into weight loss and nutrition is quite applicable to those of us trying to lose significant amounts of weight. I highly recommend perusing The Getting Started and Risks portions of the CR Guide, as well as the FAQ. Just for example, their suggestion to limit the amount of Omega-3 fat is interesting to me since I go out of my way to include it in my diet.

The CRS also has some great recipes which are very good and appropriate to any diet. This is where I got the idea for my "xtreme oatmeal"!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home