Tuesday, July 18, 2006

DOWN 41 !

Well, as of today I'm down at least 41 pounds since March. Suffice it to say I am happy. Of course, maybe a lot of that weight is water weight as I am drenched walking in this heat, but on the other hand, my calorie deficiencies have been high.

Those deficiencies might have gotten too high yesterday. I wasn't able to complete my workout or walk this morning as I felt quite dizzy and weak after a few touch toes. First I thought it was the heat, then I realized I was starving - and indeed, a little food fixed me up in an hour or so.

I really really try not to be hungry - don't want my body to go into starvation mode! Here's what I think happened yesterday to conspire to get me in that fix:
-yesterday was a light calorie day anyway - only 2620 calories out of my target 3030
-I have been exercsing at a level consistent with "high activity" on Nutrition.com.sg so that my calorie deficiencies have been huge, last night it was 2500 calories
-with 240 calories coming from 1/2 a Starbucks muffin, 142 from a beer, 15% of what I did eat was pretty worthless
-finally, I went to bed a bit hungry - normally I never do this, but it was late and I didn't want the food to sit there. And I woke up hungry a couple of times during the night.

My wife often asks why I eat a couple of hundred calories some nights just to get my calorie count up. I've always said that I just don't want to under eat by too much, which is exactly what I think happened yesterday...

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr F. said...

Great job on the weight loss. Look forward to following your progress...

Mr. Fat

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home