Thursday, November 02, 2006

KatieBird - I'm Alive and Kickin and Living in New England

KatieBird, author of Eat4Today and leader of the support group there, posted a nice comment to me. While browsing the many blogs related to obesity I can't help but notice the many that just ended in mid life - so to speak. To have someone miss mine was truly a surprise. And much appreciated. Thank you.

Can't say why I quit writing exactly - blogging does take a lot of time, and I became somewhat depressed when my weight plateaued, and there were numerous aches and pains that kept me from my full exercise schedule (not to mention the summer's heat), yada, yada ,yada...

But I think the real reason I quit blogging and became content with losing 50 pounds was that my medical event lost its punch. That is, I feel better - no shortness of breath on my walks, easier time getting up and down from chairs, cars, etc

I have new doctors' appointments in ealry December, and I will see what's what then. But to tell to truth, my wife and I couldn't quite remember what is wrong with me when we discussed it this afternoon.

So, thanks to KatieBird, I am trying to get back in the grove. My weight has stayed between 299 and 304 since I stopped writing, so I could just pick up where I left off. For the last couple of days I have been trying to log my calories again. Hasn't happened yet, but maybe just the feel of blogging will get me over the hump.

However it turns out - I will never forget KatieBird's little note. Thanks.

2 Comments:

Blogger katiebird said...

{{{ReallyTooBig}}

I'm VERY glad you've decided to blog again.

I came to rely on the stories and articles you were writing about. And I felt really lost with their disappearance.

Plus, I just like you.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Kim Ayres said...

Well I did keep coming back every week to see you'd responded to my last comment...

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home